New LEED for Homes Platinum & Passive House US Project
Under Construction in Ventura County
Allen Associates is part of the project team building a new home that will be the first to achieve the rigorous Passive House US standards in Ventura County. To learn more about this project, visit the 3 Palms website.
The home was recently a highlight at the Dwell on Design 2012 conference in Los Angeles in June. Allen Associates’ President, Bryan Henson, was a member of the panel. Be sure to read Bryan’s blog entry about the project.
The 3 Palms project will soon be featured on “Real Green!” - a new weekly nationally syndicated television reality series that shows viewers how to live green and build green.
Proposed Green Features:
• 60% reduction of energy use over current energy code (Title 24) through:
- passive solar design
- high performance windows
- high performance insulation
- solar water heating
• 100% of electricity produced by on site photovoltaic system
• Water usage cut by 40% through:
- efficient plumbing fixtures
- non irrigated xeriscape landscaping
• High performance shell:
- SIPS, structurally insulated panel walls
- Icynene roof insulation
- ultra low-e windows